Trentino conquers Bavaria by Artificial Intelligence. The contest “Startup of the Month – Trentino edition” by Munich Network was in fact won by the computer vision solution presented by BlueTensor that helps improve industrial process automation in large-sized companies. The aim of the contest that the prestigious German network dedicates each month to a different country or geographical area (this time it was Trentino’s turn) is to promote through its own network the most innovative B2B tech startups. For all participating companies, this is an important opportunity for international networking within a community consisting of companies that are leaders both in Germany and abroad (Audi, Bosch, Zeiss) as well as of research centres, investors, consulting firms, ONGs and entrepreneurs.
BlueTensor wins the “Startup of the Month” contest
BlueTensor is a Trentino scaleup of high technological content specialised in Artificial Intelligence solutions. Founded in 2018 by Jonni Malacarne (CEO) and Federico Lucca (CTO), today the company has 15 employees but its constant growth and several imminent new hires will bring the head count up to 20 by June 2022. The company won the “Startup of The Month – Trentino edition” contest with an innovative computer vision-based solution that finds and highlights defects within industrial production cycles, thereby allowing to repair them via increasingly extensive and efficient automation. The technology immediately attracted the attention of the major players present in the network and with which the company is presently in direct contact with.
“Suddenly we found ourselves dialoguing with internationally prestigious companies. This is for us a definite opportunity for growth and development”
Jonni Malacarne – CEO BlueTensor
Artificial Intelligence by BlueTensor
BlueTensor, that has clients all over the world, including the World Health Organization, develops artificial intelligence solutions based mainly on three technologies:
- Predictive analysis: allows entrepreneurs and managers to predict future events based on the analysis of historical data;
- Computer vision: allows machines to recognise objects. This technology is perfect for all those companies or institutions that use vision tools to recognise static or moving objects, details in images or manufacturing defects;
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): this technology makes machines capable of understanding text written by human beings. It is applied in companies to make processes more efficient, i.e. save time by using systems that extract information from written or spoken textual content and ultimately generate text and information.
BlueTensor and Trentino Sviluppo
Participation in this contest is only the latest step forward on the road that this company has followed and is still pursuing also thanks to the support of the Trentino network that backs local companies and of Trentino Sviluppo in particular. The agency of the Autonomous Province of Trento, designed to foster economic and local development, has involved BlueTensor in other important projects as well, such as:
- Spin Accelerator: the open innovation call that helps innovative enterprises meet the big brands;
- Smau: the most developed Italian meeting & matching platform dedicated to innovation for local enterprises and entities;
- Web Summit: the most anticipated and attended international networking event with a focus on technology.
Munich Network and Trentino
Trentino Sviluppo, with its Invest In Trentino team, joined the Munich Network in the summer of 2021 and became a partner within the context of Innovation International, the initiative created to reinforce the international Startup-Hub network in providing new technological enterprises with qualified access to the best German companies. It is the ideal opportunity for the system agency of the Autonomous Province of Trento to contribute to the international development of Trentino’s companies and startups and to promote innovation throughout the province.